Friday, November 8, 2013

Come on the Rising Wind

Runners, to your marks.
While we are 11 months in to our Grand Prix, the excitement is just about to start!  Mustaches and Mamas are pouring on the miles, prepping for races, and looking to blow PR's all the way to 2014!  Look out world, here we come.  We will wait to tally points until closer to the end of the year, because I know all of you are far from finished.  There are, however, a few things I wanted to make you aware of. 

NWA Turkey Trot  Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 8:00am
Arvest Ballpark, Springdale, Arkansas

 Just in case you're in town on Thanksgiving Day, there will be a Turkey Trot at Arvest Ballpark.  They are including this year a "Wild Gobbler 5K" which is a 5K with a crossfit workout.  If any of you Steven Ray athletes want to take that one on, I would put off my turkey nap to stay and cheer for you!

Then,

Ugly Sweater Run 5K & Stroll  Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 1:00pm
Springdale, Arkansas


I think this has Mama's and Mustaches written all over it!  If there is some interest, we may even meld our trophy ceremony into this one.  Talk this one over during your next run with friends and let me know what you think.  Oh, and some way or another, Santa Baby needs to be a part of this race.  Nothing would make my day more than to see that awkward, misshapen doll reaching across the finish line.  Did I mention there are prizes for the best sweater? 
 
Finally, I feel that I have failed as a blogger.  Sorry that I haven't been more consistent with updates and witty commentary.  I am, however, very excited to finish the year, and have some things cooking for next year that I am pumped about it.  Happy running, and we'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment